Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Featured Blogger:
Cheriz of "Life of Cheriz"



If you'd like to be a Featured Blogger, leave a comment or e-mail beingcindybaldwin AT gmail DOT com, and we'd love to feature you! Don't forget to include your e-mail address so that I can send you a list of interview questions. (Currently, I am posting the interviews in the order that I receive them, so don't be worried if it takes a few weeks for your interview to go up.)

Today's Featured Blogger is Cheriz of "Life of Cheriz." I "met" Cheriz through the CF Blogroll and am excited to be able to feature her today! It's easy to see from her blog that she is full of love for life and is a great example of living and thriving with CF. Don't forget to pay her blog a visit!





First, tell me a little bit about yourself! 

Hi, I’m Cheriz. I’m pursuing my Master’s Degree in Social Work. I love Dance, Theatre, The Environment/ Geology, Mini-Golf, Architecture, Real Estate, and Pickles!

How old were you when you were diagnosed with CF? What led to your diagnosis?

I was 10 weeks premature and born with an intestinal blockage, I was life-flighted and had surgery right after birth. Nobody else in my family has CF, so at first they thought I had a liver disease, because my liver was not working properly. I was diagnosed within a couple weeks and came home from the hospital at 6 months old.

What kind of effect has CF had on your life?

 Its been a roller coaster of experience, when I was a couple years old I was also diagnosed with a seizure disorder and cerebral palsy as well. Ever since I was little I would spend a couple weeks multiple times a year in the hospital. But to be honest, I enjoyed the hospital, the nurses made it fun, and one parent was always with me. I could say I wish I was never born with CF, but I’d be lying. It is a huge part of who I am. I have learned dedication, empathy, and independence from having CF. It has very much shaped who I have become today. And I hope to take all my personal experience and channel it towards becoming a healthcare social worker who understands where the patient is coming from, in order to best help the patients I work with in the future.

When did you start blogging? What led you to start blogging? 

I started blogging in February 2012. I had talked about CF awareness issues with a few other people and started to do some Stand-Up comedy in college. A few friends recommended I give blogging a try and I really enjoyed it!

What is your favorite post you've ever written?

Either “It Isn’t All Tears and Sadness, Get a Full Picture” which talks about why I’m thankful for my CF, or my videos! I made a video for my friend Laura (w/CF) to cheer her up and I made a 2nd video blog discussing life in the hospital when I was younger.

What are a few of YOUR favorite CF blogs?

Live*Laugh*Love*Breathe

Run, Sickboy, Run 

CF Fatboy


What would be your #1 piece of advice to others with CF?

I would say be organized, multi-task, and stay focused on the things you love! For example, I keep everything written down on a calendar, I always do my make-up and hair while doing my nebs in the morning, and I remind myself I need to do everything to stay healthy for the activities, and people I love. Oh, and don’t be afraid to ask family and friends for help. I struggle with that, but they always remind me that they are there for me! 

2 comments:

  1. Cystic Fibrosis
    Today is the happiest day of my life, because the problems I have been battling with over the years are now solved. My wife died because she was suffering from Cystic fibrosis, I looked everywhere for a solution all to no avail, I was even told that it cannot be cured, I have even been scammed severally before I met a Man called Benson who put an end to the problem.I told all I have been through with my wife because of her illness of Cystic fibrosis If you are having such issue, contact him with this email drbenson833@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed with Leiomyomas, 4 years ago and i was told it is a non cancerous tumor that occurs in the uterus of a woman. I never imagined i will ever have fibroid all my life because i was very healthy. I undergone surgery twice and it grew back. I was able to get a cure permanently from Dr. Aleta. Today i am permanently okay, do not be shy or live with it because i know the hell i passed through. Speak to her on aletedwin@gmail.com for professional advice and for also a cure to it. I hope this helps someone out there.

    ReplyDelete